Planar "Blow Dryer"


 "Blow Dryer"

25" x 20" x 15"

Cardboard, Tape, Spray Paint

October 2021







The assignment goal for this project is to create an everyday object in planar form, meaning only flat surfaces, no rounded edges. 

I chose to do a blow dryer as my object! A blow dryer is related to my profession (Hairstylist) and  a common object that I use for a good portion of my work day, and most regular days on myself!

 Our objects had to be made from cardboard or wood, I wanted to use cardboard so I could upsize my object without it being too heavy. I employed my dads help for the math portion of the project and he helped me assemble it; I needed more hands! If I could assemble it again I would probably reach for glue rather than tape. After it was painted the tape was still very visible. I also would have used more sturdy cardboard, the cardboard I used was a little flimsy! 
As a final touch we put a cutout of craft paper on the end of the nozzle to look like the air holes of the blow dryer! (Dads Idea!) It looked awesome because the pattern on the paper was hexagonal and that is the same shape we based our round/flat surfaces as!





(University of Lethbridge, Art 2032- Object and Space, October 2021)









Comments