"Reconciliation with the Self"
"Reconciliation with the Self"
8" x 8"
Acrylic on Canvas
September 2021
For this assignment students were asked to create a piece inspired by the word "reconciliation", however we wanted to interpret that word. I especially liked the dictionary definition of the word in the dictionary, that reads "to restore friendly relations". I think lots of individuals find trying to have friendly relations with themselves to be one of the hardest, especially for women.
My concept for this piece is to have a woman hugging herself in the mirror and her reflection hugging her back in relief. I think it was executed well overall. If i had the chance to do it again i might have gone with a more abstract style, i feel like this style is reminiscent of pop-art style which might not translate well into the meaning.
(University of Lethbridge, Art 2031- Drawing and Image, September 2021)
Comments
Post a Comment