"the Goddess"
"The Goddess"
50" x 20"
Duct Tape, Newsprint, Paint, Cotton Fabric
October 2021
The objective for this assignment was simply to create a sculpture using soft materials. A soft form.
I chose to make a greco-roman style goddess sculpture. I made the form with duct tape and my own body! I then cut it off and stuffed it with newsprint to give it some stability. After it was fully stuffed and sealed I painted the whole thing white, like marble. Then I used loose cotton fabric to drape the form in a way reminiscent of a greco-roman sculpture might have looked! I displayed the finished project on a table base stand.
I think it turned out really well. I enjoy the juxtaposition of the soft sculpture with its inspiration of a marble sculpture, which in actuality is a very hard material.
I had to recruit some help to make the form of my body! (making the form)
It is very strange to see a form of your precise body proportions right in front of you! (filled form)
(University of Lethbridge, Art 2032- Object and Space, October 2021)
Comments
Post a Comment