"Unconventionally Attractive" Photo Book

 "unconventionally attractive" Photo-book

8.5" x 11"

Photography

October 2021


This project is one I am super proud of, I loved the concept and I love photography as a medium. The objective for the assignment was to create a photo-book based on the prompt "self-portrait", however we wanted to interpret the meaning. 

For my book I took a myriad of pictures of myself, but not beautified and angled images to show my best features. Rather photos that showed how I really am, a real body with flaws and imperfections. I think this project is particularly relevant in modern society where social media and photo editing makes portraying a perfect life and a prefect body so easy and accessible. I titled my book Unconventionally Attractive. Showcasing parts of the body not wholly considered attractive but beautiful when seen with care and love. 

Uneven Skin

Ears

Jutted Spine

Baby Hair

Armpit

Nasolabial Folds

Knees

Stretch Marks

Hairy Back

Under-Eye Bags

Hands

Elbows

Soft Tummy

Acne Scars

Collar Bones

Unibrow

Hairy Arms

Feet

Soft Jawline


I am very proud of this project. The final book includes all the above images and more. When arranged as a book I organized it from top of the head down to the feet from front to back, and bound it in traditional four hole binding method. 







(University of Lethbridge, Art 2031-Drawing and Image, October 2021)







































Comments