Eggs and Tone

 Eggs and Tone 

8" x 12" and 18"x 22"

Graphite, Charcoal, India ink, Sketchbook and Mayfair

February 2022


Sketchbook- single material studies:

(graphite pencil and reference image)


(charcoal and reference image)



(india ink and reference image)



Mayfair study- All three materials combined:

(graphite pencil, charcoal, India ink and reference image)



This exercise demonstrates creating tone. by setting up still life references with eggs, drapery, and a light source I was able to experiment with different materials and the creation of tone within a drawing. There is a sketchbook study of three greyscale materials and a completed study combining all three materials. I feel that this study worked out best for me with the graphite pencils, I had a hard time learning the nuance of both charcoal and India ink in a tonal application. I had an even harder time trying to combine the three in a cohesive way. 



(University of Lethbridge, Art 3010- Drawing Principles and Practices, February 2022)







Comments