Mapping

 Mapping

9" x 96"

Watercolour and Pencil on Mayfair and Paper

May 2022


For our final project we were asked to create an artwork inspired by 'Mapping'. I started with a handful of ideas and landed on this; I combined both a literal type of map and a figurative map of memories. I represented the castle river in a typographical format, then represented areas of the map with drawings of memories from childhood float trips rather than landmarks. The darker parts of the watercolour show deapth of the river. Overall I am pleased with the outcome, reminicing on the trips down the river with my family was really meaningful for me. If I were to change anything about this project I would have put the memory drawings on vellum paper that is see-through, rather than opaque paper on top of the map. 



(Sketchbook mockups and watercolour expirimentation)


(Watercolur)

(adding blue watercolour and typography lines with marker)

(memories in pencil on paper)

(close-ups of final product)


(University of Lethbridge, Art 3010- Drawing Principles and Practices, May 2022)


Comments