"What do I bring to Teaching?"

 "What do I bring to Teaching?"

Collage on Canvas

10" x 22"

June 2022


Education 2500 ARTography - The final project for my Ed2500 class is to answer a question about ourselves and our teaching career in an artistic way.


My artist statement on the piece:

My ARTography project is a representative analysis of my self-reflections regarding what I believe will make me a great educator. Self-reflection is essentially looking back on your life's-work. While my life has not been long my experiences have been broad. These experiences begin as far back as my days in high school, doing curricular activities and Judo extracurriculars. I've spent time in multiple secondary institutions, including local colleges and fashion schools. A large part of my experiences includes time in the hairstyling trade where I eventually became a licensed tradesperson. Currently attending the University of Lethbridge with a major in visual arts, I am sure I have much more to experience. Each piece of the collage represents knowledge, skills, or attributes that I have gained through my experiences that I think will make me a great teacher.  My experiences have shaped me into the person I am.  The path I've taken to be here in Education 2500, to be an educator, has been just as it is meant to be. It will make me the Teacher I am to become.



(University of Lethbridge, Education 2500, May-June 2022)

Comments