Mosaic

Mosaic 

8x10 Contact Print 

120 ISO Film

March 2023


 


Mosaic Assignment! For this assignment, we were asked to use a whole roll of film and arrange the shots into a single photo as a contact print. I am not thrilled with the results I achieved with this project. I think that it may be easier with a larger subject. I found when I got much closer to my subject the clarity of the image went away, I did not want my mosaic to be blurry so I backed away, but I find that made the mosaic less successful. 

Contact sheet timing 

Raw Film


Additional attempts at the Mosaic project. Tying to improve the contact prints and a second film of a different subject. After a handful of attempts, all of the personal prints are much too dark when achieving maximum black, and all of the building prints come out too light when achieving maximum black. This includes changing both the filters and the exposure time. I have to conclude that the film exposure for BOTH attempts is incorrect. Overexposed for the person and underexposed for the building.


Comments